Support Groups

6:48 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Well went to my support group today. It was, well, informative. They had a speaker there from a local IPMR (don't remember what that stands for). She spoke about Fall Prevention. I just kept looking at her thinking, what the heck am I doing here. Most of her information was for "older" persons. She kept quoting statistics and going on and on about how falling is one of the biggest reasons "older" people die.......and that "a fall is the begining of the end". Anyway. I did come away with some information that I may find useful. I also got signed up for the National MS support line. They will be sending a bunch of pamphlets to help me address some of the issues I am having, as well as some information for my friends/family members who don't seem to "get it".

I ended up meeting the man who I had been talking to online. It was comforting, albeit weird, to know I would sort of "know" someone there. And in the end, he kind of made me go....I was waffeling this morning about whether or not to attend, and I just kept thinking how stuck up it would be for me to not show up. So I went. I am not sure that I really got much "encouragement" out of going, but maybe I just need to give myself more time to get to know the people there. One of the other ladies there, probably in her mid 40s, had just been diagnosed within the last three weeks. Then there was the man who I went to school with. Everyone else there was much older. One lady came with her CNA (certified nurses assistant), another lovely lady (maybe 70 or so) came in with her walker. It was a very strange group of people!

After the support group, I decided to make a day of it. I went out to lunch at McDonalds, and then headed off to Hobby Lobby (my favorite store of all). My friend Mary had given me a gift certificate some time ago, and I had a 40% off coupon, so I bought some fabric for some upcoming project LOL. By the time I left the store, it was time for Josh to get off school, so I swung by and picked him up because it was raining. Then the kids decided they wanted pizza for dinner, and I was pooped, so I drove them to Little Ceasers (home of the $5.00 pizza), and then back home! The kids ate dinner at 3:45 LOL. I took a bath, and was in bed by 4:30. Took a bit of a nap, then got up and worked on a bible study. Now its 7:00 and here I sit on the computer, trying to get through the evening, until kids go to bed and hubby gets home, so I can go back to sleep. Ohhh the excitement of my life LOL.

If anyone ever wants more information on this disease (Multiple Sceloris) I have some websites for you to check out. They are:

I hope no one ever has to "deal" with this illness on a personal basis, but one never knows when you might meet someone with it. Knowledge is power~